So Crystal got us the wooden sign from Blessed Baby that says, "No more monkey's jumpin' on the bed." You all know the nursery rhyme right? "3 little monkey's jumpin' on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Momma called the Doctor and the Doctor said......" :) Well, since we have done a few monkey's in the room, we thought the sign would be incredibly appropriate. As soon as I opened it, I thought the PERFECT place for it would be over Connor's bed. When I got it home, We held it up on the wall, and it just didn't have enough substance to be the main focal point in his room. We ran through a couple ideas, and after talking to my mom, we decided to do the following: paint the same design from the name sign directly on the wall, hang the monkey sign in the middle of the painting, and frame it in with trim spray painted with a deep espresso color. We put a lot of love in this project, and we worked on it together which makes it even better. It was a lot of fun! The result.......
We are so proud! Connor's room is coming together nicely. I've done some of his little laundry here lately, and let me tell you, that is the CUTEST and TINIEST stuff! The first load I did brought tears to my eyes....pregnancy hormones, probably, but it was still sweet little stuff :)
Last night, Mom's "Bridge Club" (they don't actually play bridge, they just get together and goof off!) threw me another shower last night. It was a blast! My mom has a wonderful group of close friends. When they get together, it's hysterical chaos...that's the ONLY way I know to describe it! Lol! I forgot my camera, but some of mom's friends took pictures. I will post them as soon as I get them. Well, my hands are falling asleep (as they do so very often these days...it's a pregnancy side effect), so I am going to go watch the new Grey's Anatomy. The pregnancy is still going well, and little Connor is healthy. Keep those prayer's coming.....they seem to be working ;)
3 comments:
Yay! Connor's room looks great! You guys did a great job. I remember doing the first load of baby laundry.. all the tiny stuff is so cute! And the Dreft smells so good. It really does bring tears to your eyes. I can't wait for you to experience being a mommy! It's the best thing in the world! I get emotional everytime I watch "A Baby Story" because I know what those parents are about to go through. It's AMAZING!
Awww love the sign over his bed! So cute! I feel ur pain with the carpal tunnel. My hands still fall asleep and I will probably have to have the surgery!!
The room is awesome. We got a wooden sign that said, "Cowboys don't take baths, they just dust off!" I love it; it was perfect for his room. It's one of those things that you don't register for, but get and is an immediate favorite. We did the cowboy theme, but I love the monkies. Definitely fits Setler nowadays. He was jumping on our bed last night as we tried to watch NCIS.
Post a Comment