Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Fall for Fall....EVERYyear!

FALL is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. I claim to like Summer despite Arkansas' muggy-can't breath humidity, and I always say that Christmas is my favorite Holiday, but when it comes to alltime favorite season, fall takes it all!

Things I love about Fall:

  • Football!!!- the games, the get-togethers, the food, the friends...can't beat it!
  • Crockpot meals- pot roast, chili, autumn harvest pork loin..mmmmmm

  • The gorgeous array of colors that paint the trees

  • Halloween- I LOVE the precious trick-or-treaters in their costumes, and the look on their little faces when you put candy in their bag!

  • Thanksgiving- I love getting together with family under LESS stress than Christmas, and the endless amount of awesome football games that come on, both Thursday AND Friday. Oh, and who can forget getting a couple extra days off work!

  • Cool, crisp, tolerable air

  • The way the fall decor looks in our home- The colors go oh so beautifully....I wish we could leave fall decor up ALL year long. Of course, I always say that about the Christmas tree too ;)

  • It starts getting dark at a NORMAL hour

  • Our wedding anniversary- November 12th if you want to get us anything..lol :)

  • Off season prices to places like Mexico and the fact that it is still warm there!

  • The smell of the Planters Peanut factory- there's just something about it when the smell hits you in the fall...


Fall is like the calm before the storm......It's just a nice, relaxing time of year before gearing up for the chaos of Christmas! I am not for sure when the first "official" day of Fall is, but we are already celebrating in the Scarlet household. Fall decor went up today, and there is a pot roast in the crockpot! Now if we can just get some of that cool, crisp air I was talking about......




CONNOR will be 6 months old tomorrow! The months are truly whizzing by....every day he is more and more of a "big boy!" Here are a few things that little C is up to:

  • Still sleeping all night, from about 8 or 8:30 until 7 or 8 the next morning! Thank you baby!
  • Eating cereal and fruit for breakfast with a 4 oz bottle of half formula and half apple juice.
  • Eating a little fruit for lunch with a 6 oz formula bottle.
  • Eating either fruit and veggies, meat and veggies, or one of the combo foods (chicken and noodles, turkey and rice, turkey and sweet potatoes.....) for dinner.
  • Sits very well supported, and can sit 2 or 3 seconds by himself before wobbling and falling over.
  • Still has just his 2 bottom teeth, and boy are they CUTE! This pic is a little blurry, but hey, after 6 tries, we will take what we can get! lol
  • Talking and laughing CONSTANTLY! He has been saying "Ne-Ne" and we SWEAR we heard him say "Daddy!" :)

  • Rolling ALL over the floor, front to back, back to front.....if you turn away for just a SECOND he will end up about 3 or 4 feet away from where he started out playing on the floor...lol. After putting him in the middle of the MASSIVE play pallet I made for him, here is where he ended up after only about 5 minutes.


  • I put him BACK in the middle, typed a couple more sentences on the blog and looooook where he ended up...


  • Holding some of his bottles on his own....I teared up over this one yesterday :'(

He is momma and daddy's super cutie patootie! :) I still can't believe he's 6 months....We are loving every minute and look forward to sharing the Fall season in the Scarlet house with our new little addition :) Here are a few more pics of our little punkin' ;)


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

ADORABLE! Girl, you guys did good.. he's such a good lookin' boy! Can't WAIT to take his pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Connor is the best teeth cutter I have ever seen. People say its awful, for him it seems to be a piece of cake. I think he is just cutting teeth to get his way. Before he was born Justin gave me the don't spoil him lecture. Because they did not want him to cry to stay with me. Well Justin really should have worried about something else because when taht little fellow sees his mom and dad everyone else better move out of the way. He doesn't mind staying with me of the morning but when they come to pick him up, I better step to the rear. It is so funny and it doesn't bother me a bit. That's the way it is suppose to be after all. That little boy loves his mom and dad. He talks about his dada all day every once in a while he will say mama but not as often as dada. I can't wait till I understand what he is trying to say. Love the Gramma