Sunday morning we went to the church service at Grace Community Church. That's where Connor goes to daycare. It was one of those new-age contemporary services. There was an 8 piece band, lights, big screens, smoke...it was like being at a rock concert! And the message was just so-so. I am not 100% sure we will be going back. It was a little different. We would like to find a happy medium between the traditional church and the new-age churches. I like the upbeat music, but I am also a fan of stained glass.
Sunday after church, we had Subway for lunch, came home and......took a nice......long.....family.....nap. I can not TELL you the last time that took place. I put Connor down and he feel right to sleep. Then Justin and I were laying in bed talking and both of our eyes started getting heavy as the conversation slowed wayyyyyy down. Next thing ya' know, it had been almost 2 hours! It was so refreshing! We awoke to the doorbell....it was the Freeman's! We had a nice visit with Michael, Crystal, and little Miss Carley! She looked precious in her Easter dress :) After they left, we went and visited with the Hossley's, Kyle, and Pam. They had just polished off what looked like a fabulous Easter lunch! The boys played outside, the men worked on the John Deer, and Macon, Pam, and I just sat in our lawn chairs and relaxed. It was a beautiful day for friends, family, and fellowship. We are reminded all the time of our many blessings. Here are a few shots of Mr. Cool in his super suave Easter get-up, along with a couple pics of his super cool mom and dad ;)
Check out these pictures from last Easter...he was our tiny little baby boy :) All holiday's from here on out are going to be his second....no more "firsts". It's bittersweet, really :)
My oh my, how fast they change in a year!
We hope you and your family had as blessed of an Easter weekend as The Scarlet's did :)
No comments:
Post a Comment