*29* is going to be an absolutely fabulous year! How do I know that, you ask? Because it started out with an absolute bang! Saturday night we had dinner with my family to celebrate both my and my dad's Birthday's (His is May 26th). We ate at Cheddars in the hottest corner of the building, but nonetheless, had a great time. Connor was on his best behavior as long as he was being passed around the table from time to time lol :) After dinner, Drew and Melissa came over to stay with Connor while we headed out to the new dueling piano bar in Fort Smith, Mojo's Ivory House. I celebrated turning *29* with my closest and best friends. (and even a couple old "blast from the past" friends!) We had an absolute ball, right down to the part where I had to sit on the piano (in front of EVERYONE), and the piano player serenaded me with a very dirty version of "Imagine." Lol! Embarrassing, yes, but nothing that a few drinks couldn't help! ;) After they "got" me (ha freakin' ha), I informed the waitress that it was also Gina's Birthday...so she had to get on the piano too! I know she just loved me for that! :)
Chris was in from Tennessee. He is in the Army and doesn't make it back to the Fort very often. Seeing his was a nice surprise! He was in for a wedding and just happened to stop by Mojo's! And check out Chad over on the left doing the "get out of the picture lean" lol!

Drew and me!

This was a really dirty part of the song, I think

Me and Jeannie....I believe this was a little later in the evening lol!

The Burgoyne's...the gave me a years subscription to the Food Network magazine!
Best. Magazine. EVER!

The Freeman's! It was also their 6 year wedding Anniversary!!!


Have I mentioned just how much I love the man in the picture above? Every year, he literally rocks my socks off with a fabulous Birthday gift. We go kind of extravagant of Birthday gifts....always have. It's just our thing. This year, I got a serious (and when I say "serious", I mean like wow, this is the last one I'll ever get and I'm fine with that because I didn't expect it and it's incredible, and wow....just plain wow. Lol) upgrade to my wedding ring. He traded the princess cut for a beautiful round brilliant solitaire, and bumped up the size....alot. :) He's amazing. I love him. I'm just still in awe over this whole ring thing. Oddly enough,
I kinda struggled with it (I know, right? lol). I showed it to my best friends, but really, thats it. I don't want people to think I am trying to prove something by having a freaking awesome rock on my finger, I'm just a diamond girl, it's something I've always wanted.....superficial, yes, but everyone has their own little superficial goals in life whether they want to admit it or not ;) I just had to tell myself that the people who truly matter, know we aren't like that. :) How did he give it to me you may wonder? At the food court, in the mall, over wraps from Steak Escape LOL!!!!!! It was perfect, so unexpected. Had he taken me out to a nice dinner or something like that, I may have been suspicious....but the food court at the mall? No suspicions at all. In fact, the box sat on the table for a few minutes before I even noticed it. He had hidden it behind the little thing on the table advertising the mall's facebook page. Have I mentioned how much I love him :)
Sunday we spent the day at Lake Tenkiller. It rained for the first hour we were there, but then the sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful. While it rained, I took full advantage of being in my swim suit....I stood in the rain. It was freaking awesome. I highly recommend it :)



Monday afternoon I left for Vegas for a week for a National Sales Meeting. I was so bummed to leave my family after such a great weekend! Thursday night at our team dinner, I was surprised with ice cream that had a huge sparkler coming out of it! It was nice to be remembered. SO, like I said.....*29* is off to an incredible start, and I have high expectations of the year to come. I am so blessed in so many aspects of my life, and I owe it all to the Big Guy upstairs. God is SO good! :)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you guys had a blast.. And I want to see a picture of that ring!! I bet it is AMAZING!! I'm all about diamonds!! LOL!! I don't think that it is superficial to want something nice even if it is expensive it's not like you are going out every other day buying huge diamond rings!!
Post a Comment