Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Lives Through the Eyes of My iPhone......Has it Really Resorted to This?!

If it weren't for my iPhone, I truly couldn't tell you what we have been up to for the last THREE WEEKS! Everything leading up to Justin's opening has been a blur, as well as everything after! The Justin Scarlet Allstate Agency opened it's doors on Monday, August 1st. I have been working my regular job, as well as some after hours stuff at the agency! Add that to being a mom in the midst of potty training a toddler, and everything else that comes with being married with a family , and you have......
One. Tired. Woman.

The plus side? I get the most amazing sleep every night!  The down side? I do NOT want to get up in the morning, so I am

All in all, this new venture is VERY exciting, but also VERY exhausting.  I am just trying to find balance.  That's all :)

Please enjoy this montage of what's been going on for the last month :)

We celebrated Papaw's Birthday with a homemade coconut cake, topped with a tee and golf ball!


Connor and the Hossley boys did a little skinny dipping!


We took Connor to his FIRST movie, Cars 2! He did alright, but I would like to suggest to movie makers that the previews at kids movies be HALF the time! They were atleast 20 minutes, AND there was a 10 minute Toy Story cartoon before the actual movie started! That is 30 minutes WASTED! We made it through about 40 minutes of the actual movie for a total of 90 minutes. After that, Connor just wanted to chat about how the chairs go up and down, the lights on the floor, and the little boys sitting in the front row.  I suggested a trip to Goody's Frozen Yogurt and we left, still all smiles :) Luckily, the theater wasn't too busy, so we didn't disturb too many movie-goers.

Connor got a haircut!

We made a fun day trip to Cove Lake to swim! It was really pleasant.  The temperature was about 10 degrees cooler, and the humidity was much lower.  The water was clean, out picnic lunch was good (although Connor informed us that he doesn't like sandwiches lol!), and it was a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon with the family

We went for a swim at Eastgate with The Hossley's!

Connor took up some karaoke! He loves to sing "Holiday" by Madonna! LOL!



July 1st, I received a new territory alignment that included Joplin. After three weeks, I finally made my way up there to call on my customers.  During lunch, I made my way through the devastation.  I was surprised to hear that the city looks "100 times better" than it did two months ago. We continue to pray for these people, all of who seem so faithful.

Here is the hospital, which was hit the hardest during the tornado

God Bless Joplin, Missouri


Connor has developed an obsession with the Green Lantern superhero! Nana bought him a mask and ring (all part of the Green Lantern get-up) and he wears them EVERYWHERE! Lol, hey, I don't care.  Choose your battles, right? :)


The sunglasses even go over the mask!



Connor enjoyed his first long day on the boat with his friend, Carley. He LOVES Carley :) He did well considering he would NOT nap! He got a new Spiderman life jacket before the trip, so he was very excited to show it off! The day ended at JJ's on Beaver Lake with some DELICIOUS catfish! Oh, and what did Connor have you for dinner, you ask? Apple Pie and ice cream....yeah we're bad parents, so what? ;)

Getting ready for Justin's BIG DAY!

I got a haircut! "Me time" is SO rare these days....you don't even want to see my toes...they are in major need of a pedicure!


Connor found a cheap and easy way to entertain himself while we set up Justin's office.

I have been relying on my 5hr energy alot these days.....without it, I could randomly pass out in my lunch and probably sleep the rest of the day.



Connor and I had a Goody's date because he didn't have ANY potty accidents while he was at the sitter's. He wore  big boy underwear all day! Way to go, little man! (Side note: I have heard over and over and OVER how hard little boys are to potty train, so I would like to thank God for giving me a little boy who has been super easy! Morale of the story? Don't believe everything you hear as a new parent or you will be scared before the process even starts.  I was!)



Connor met daddy's new employee, Justin.  Yes, there is Justin and Justin in the Allstate office. And yes, it gets confusing. :)



Connor took a few phone calls before the office opened.  He was working on some pre-sales.


 One day while walking through the store, Connor discovered  super hero popsicles. "Oh how fun, we will have popsicles outside to cool off from this ridiculous heat...," I thought. Well, these dang popsicles have some nasty dark staining dye in them! WHEW! Now I know why parents urge their children to eat banana popsicles! LOL!


So after popsicle time, we rinse him off with the hose, and then he always wants to water the grass. I happen to think this was kind of cute :)



And yesterday, Daddy took him to Walmart to get a poster for another successful week of potty training.  And yes, it's in the closet where my little super hero likes to swing from the clothes bar while talking to his buddy, Green Lantern!


I sure have missed blogging! I have been working on this post for a few days now.  I am thankful I was able to get caught up, but a little embarassed that I had to rely on my cell phone pictures to remember what we have been doing for the last month. Oh well! Thanks for stopping by!

 :)

No comments: