Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Honors 2011

How blessed am I.....

This year, Christmas Honors at the National Cemetery in Fort Smith, was held on December 10,2011. While I was helping a friend prepare for the arrival of her sweet baby girl as a Hostess of her Baby Shower, these two terribly handsome boys met my dad at the Cemetery to place a wreath on my Granddad's headstone.  There are times I am sad that my Granddad never had a chance to meet Connor on this earth, but I know that he is always watching over us, and that we will all be reunited someday in Heaven.

I feel so blessed that my dad allowed Connor to place the wreath on my Granddad's headstone. That is an important and meaningful job, and how sweet of my dad to let my son do the honors.

Merry Christmas to my Granddad and my Grandma (who is buried at the National Cemetery in Fayetteville). You are both missed each and every year.  We love you!

No comments: