Can you believe how the time just FLIES!! Wow, only 12 more weeks to go before Connor makes his appearance! Yesterday, we went for our 28 week check-up. I had to do my blood-glucose test, which consisted of drinking this funky orange substance that tasted like flat Sunkist, sitting in the waiting room for an hour, and then having my blood drawn. I am assuming that the results do not show any sign of gestational diabetes because I did not receive a phone call from the doctor's office today. YAY! So all is well with me, and with Baby Connor. We are now to the point where we will start seeing Dr. McClannahan every 2 weeks, so our next appointment is January 21st.
We THOUGHT we were getting our 4-D ultrasound yesterday, but as our luck with ultrasounds goes, we were wrong. When I scheduled our last appointment, I didn't tell the receptionist it was my 28 week appointment, and that we wanted to do the 4-D ultrasound. (That dawned on me around 8:00pm the night before our appointment.....go figure. But WHY should I have to tell her....shouldn't there be something that pops up in the computer telling her "HEY, IT'S THEIR 28 WEEK APPOINTMENT!!! SCHEDULE BLOOD-GLUCOSE TEST AND 4-D ULTRASOUND!!" Guess not....). Both of our mom's wanted to come see Connor, so Justin met my mom in the parking lot, and got ahold of his mom on the phone to let them know of our ultrasound confusion. I was really bummed out and almost started crying in the waiting room (hormones, I'm sure). We have rescheduled for Monday at 2:00pm. We can't wait to see what he looks like!! I just think the 4-D ultrasound is so amazing! I mean, knowing what our baby will look like BEFORE he enters the world? Technology is so incredible!
After being at the doctor's office for 2 hours, G'ma Karen took us to lunch at Olive Garden! Mmmmm! There's nothing like their soup and salad! All in all, it was a good day. I'll post Connor's pictures next week, so stay tuned! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yaaaaa for you! I am so glad you passed the test! One less thing to worry about! Make sure and ask for a CD of your 4D ulrasound. They are so hard to scan on the computer! Take Care of little Connor! (:
Post a Comment