Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Anniversaries GALORE!

November 12th was our 5th wedding anniversary! We celebrated a night early by sharing fajitas at one of our local Mexican restaurants! After that, we wandered around Best Buy, picked up a few things for Connor at Old Navy, and went home to a quiet, kid-free house :) After 5 years, anything we want we usually just go out and get, so we decided to give each other the gift of landscaping :) Ellis Landscaping (awesome, by the way....message me if you want their number!), planted this 3-stem River Birch, knock-out rose bushes, and pansies in a beautifully crafted rock circle :) We absolutely love it, and Connor does too! :) It will provide beauty and a great picture backdrop for many years to come.


In a couple of years, we will be able to remove the support sticks. In the meantime, it will grow like a weed! Well, not like a weed....more like a tree...oh hell, you know what I mean :)


November 22nd was my parents 30th wedding anniversary! 30?! 30?! That's 25 more years than Justin and me! WOW!!! 30 years....as with 5 years....comes with some good years and some bad years, but regardless, they are years of commitment to each other and the promise made in front of God, friends, and family, and that's something to be incredibly proud of. For their anniversary, I created a steak, potato, and salad dinner basket :)


It came equipped with 2 ribeyes, potatoes, cheese, sour cream, a bag of tender greens salad, capers (yuk!! But mom and dad LOVE them on their salads), croutons, Uncle Chris' Steak Seasoning, mushrooms, and their favorite little pies for dessert :) I also added a bottle of "Hooked" Pinot Noir, and personalized a little tag for it :) I loved it, they loved it, and I loved that they loved it! :) Happy 30! Here's to 30 more!!! :)