Saturday, January 15, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!

We were all VERY excited to spend a snow day at home on Monday!  What a nice way to sneak in a little three day weekend!

We spent the morning sledding with the Hossley's, and I cooked a delicious pot of southwest pinto beans and cornbread for dinner (courtesy of The Pioneer Woman....get the recipe HERE)

This was Connor's first time to sled.  We didn't have a sled, so Justin put his creativity to work :)  He called his dad, who manages a local grocery store, to see if they had any industrial baking sheets! LOL!  Sure enough, we made a super ghetto slider! It was semi-successful, but thankfully the Hossley's had their Super Snow Slider and were more than willing to share :) 

Here is our little snow man getting ready to brave the cold!


He isn't really sure what to think about all this snow!  But even more so, he isn't too sure about all these extra clothes he has to wear...(he's been going through a naked phase lately....Lord, help me. lol!)
Daddy getting Connor ready for a ride down the hill!

Two of the BEST Daddy's (and Dee-Da's) I know, and their sweet (sometimes) boys! ;)

Daddy took Connor down for his VERY first ride!

There are no words to express how much I. Love. This. Picture.

The Hossley's getting ready to sled down! (and their 3 year old MORE than willing to give them a little push)

I love these cheekies :)

Daddy dragging Connor around on his super industrial baking sled!


I more than ADORE these 3 boys!  They had a great time going down the hill!  I have a sweet video to post of their ride!

OH, and how could I forget.....Justin and I gave it a try......


Annnnnnnnd, as you can see, that didn't turn out so well! LOL!


It was a wonderful way to spend the day with family and friends before I left on a three day business trip.  I arrived home safe and sound last night, and BOY am I glad to be back!  I sure missed my boys :)  Oh, and I swear Connor has grown and aged atleast 4 years while I was gone...lol...isn't that how it always goes?

No comments: