Rewind 4 weeks:
Friday afternoon, I was itching to get out of town! I mean, come on....Justin and I haven't taken a trip since the Allison wedding in May (which was a blast, but far from relaxing...), and we have never taken Connor on a little over night adventure. Plus, I am sick of the typical "shopping around Fort Smith" weekends that we usually have. They are fun, yes, but just old. SO, Friday afternoon I started kicking the idea of going to Branson and hanging out at Branson Landing, eating at Joe's Crab Shack, visiting Bass Pro Shop, hanging out at the hotel pool, and just being a family....so that's exactly what we did!
Of course, we didn't get there without taking a SLIGHT detour.....see, Branson is a good 3 hour drive from Fort Smith, so we started thinking about making a shorter trip to Tulsa to check out the Jenks Aquarium. We decided that would be an easier drive for Connor, so we packed up, got in the car, and headed to Tulsa. I really had my heart set on Branson, but I tried to get "in the mood" for Tulsa. We were about 20 miles outside of Fort Smith when I just said, "I don't want to go to Tulsa, let's go to Branson..." (Keep in mind we were going in the COMPLETE opposite direction). We exited in Sallisaw and took the very long and scenic route to Branson, with a little stop in Fayetteville for lunch at Mellow Mushroom. But hey, who cares if it took us 5 hours to get there, we had nothing to do but be together :)
I have THE GOOFIEST boys lol!
Sure enough, when we arrived it was time to jump on the bed!
The first thing we did (aside from jumping on the bed) was hit up the pool for a little sun!
After some good swimming (and a couple cocktails) we headed back to the room to get ready for a night out at the Landing! Branson Landing is a really nice outdoor shopping area with lots of good stores and restaurants.
He was enthralled by the fountains. They do a show every hour where they coordinate the fountains to music. And those large black pipes you see in the background are for the pyrotechnics! FIRE!
After a little shopping, we hit up Joe's Crab Shack! It's a great place to take kids because it's a loud, fun atmosphere! He had a BALL!
When the waiter came around to put us in our bibs, Connor got scared and started crying (lol...poor guy, but it was kind of funny....) We managed to get on Daddy's bib.......
.......and Mommy's bib, but that was the extent of it. No bib for C! He wasn't having it.....
After Joe's, we stopped by to watch the big fire and water show. Before the show started, Justin was teaching Connor how to make a wish in the fountain :)
And here we are, enjoying the show!
The next morning when we checked out, the bellman let Connor ride the luggage cart from the room to the car. This kid was stylin' and profilin' :)
The morning before we left, we stopped in at the Bass Pro Shop! Connor loved the fish tank!
Then he rode the 4-Wheelers!
And last, but not least, Justin finally got to take Connor to RideMakerZ. It's like Build-a-bear, only cooler ;)
Connor designed his very own Lightening McQueen (with Daddy's help of course). Here they are picking out the different parts to put it all together.
Time to consult with the RideMakerZ expert and build the car!
Little man even got to operate some tools!
This is one proud little boy :)
Clearly he had a great time on his first "Woad Twip" and loves his custom Lightening McQueen.
1 comment:
Yay! Glad you guys enjoyed Branson. It's fun to get out of town as a family every now and then :)
Post a Comment