Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Festivities of Fall!

Connor has had a VERY active week! First  up, a Wednesday afternoon trip to the fair with the Hossley boys (if you ask him, he will tell you, "Those are my boys")

Connor hasn't ridden anything more than the quarter Bob the Builder ride at Walmart, so I wasn't sure how well the ride would go. I was surprised and thrilled that he wanted to ride them all! He started out slow on the little train that goes around and around (at about 2 mph), and worked up to the fast race cars and the ferris wheel! He also rode the carousel, bumper boats (side note about those....I had to keep telling him to turn around and sit down because he was obsessing about the fact that the bumper boat didn't have a motor...lol....Mr. Mechanical), helicopters, and the huge slide....

Speaking of the huge slide....as a kid, I never EVER went down that thing.  Too high, too scary, and something about the potato sack turned me off.  The Hossley boys wanted to ride, so of COURSE Connor did too.  I told the lady taking tickets that I would just carry Connor's sack up to the top.  She says, "Oh no, he is too little to ride by himself, you have to go with him!" My heart dropped into my stomach.  Here I was, 30 years old, at the fair, terrified to ride down the slide.....oh yes, the sacrifices we make for our children.  I conquered my fear of the giant slide....screaming like a little girl all the way down while my 2-year old laughed at me. :) I am thankful there aren't any pictures of this particular milestone in my life ;)

Of course it's a must to have your picture made by the MONSTER TRUCK!


I think riding with Baylor helped to ease some of the ride anxiety. Baylor is always so sweet to take care of Connor :)



Macon got in on a little helicopter action! :)




When Connor told everyone about these race car's, he was fixated on the fact that there was no steering wheel lol




Saturday, the Scarlet's and the Hossley's hit up the Fort Smith Airshow! It happens every other year, so this was the first year for Connor to go! We went and bought Connor some ear muffs for the show because we knew the Thunderbirds would get a little loud :)

Before the big show, we walked through the giant cargo plane that we see from time to time in the skies of Fort Smith.  I had no idea it was THIS BIG! We snapped a couple pictures while we were in there....notice the look on Connor's face in the picure with me.....this is pretty much how he feels about me all the time LOL! :)



I love how we caught Benton in the middle of a sneeze LOL!


The boys were doing a little dance in front of the plane....notice the oldest kiddo thinks that the little ones are acting pretty lame lol :)


Suited up in ear-muffs, Bomb-Pop in hand, sunglasses on.....Ready for the Thunderbirds!


The few times they flew right overhead, vibrating the ground, Connor wasn't as big of fan as he was when they were far away :)  Good thing Mom and Dad are here to save the day! :)



 Much better view from up here! Thanks, Dad!



All-in-all, we had a great week....BUSY, but tons of fun! I love watching Connor experience new things :)

No comments: