Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fighting Monday....

It's about 10:00pm on Sunday evening, and I am doing my best to put off Monday....if only it was that easy, we would all have it made! :)

Justin had to work in Tulsa on Saturday, so I tagged along for the ride (and the shopping!!). We had lunch at PF Changs, where I was dying to indulge in a dish called Tam's Noodles. When the waitress took our order, she informed me that they no longer served Tam's Noodles. UGH! Have you ever been in the mood to eat something really badly, and you thought about it for hours and hours, and when you FINALLY get to where you think you'll get it, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!?! Well, multiply that feeling by 1,000,000,000, and that's what it feels like when you are pregnant! I felt like someone took the wind out of my sail. I was completely bummed and disappointed. I didn't know if I would make it through the rest of the day, but I managed to get it together and pick something else off the menu. At that point I was so hungry that food was food, and I would take what I could get. Plus, indulging in a glass of their passion fruit tea helped me to overcome my disappointment.

After a little shopping, and some GREAT sales, Justin and I started to head back to Fort Smith. Right before we got on the highway, Justin turned into the parking lot of a store we had never set foot in: Babies R Us. Oh my GOSH, I was overwhelmed with ALL of the things that babies "need" to survive these days! Wipe warmers, fancy swings that you can plug your IPod into, video surveillance monitors, boppy pillows, onsies, bibs, and pacifiers GALORE, a MILLION different types of bottles and nipples.....and that was JUST the beginning! Was all of this stuff around 27 years ago when I was a baby?! How did I ever become a responsible adult without the help of a wipe warmer, and an IPod swing?! We looked at cribs, changing tables, gliders, and bedding, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks......BABIES ARE EXPENSIVE! You hear people say it all the time, but MY GOODNESS!! I could have easily spent $10,000 in one day, furniture and all....wow....yeah. But like most expectant mom's, I am really looking forward to picking out all of that stuff for our little bundle of joy, and I think Justin is too. :)

Most of today was spent laying around, relaxing. We had a nice steady rain, which made for a great lazy day. I am STILL trying to fight off Monday, but it's approaching fast. I better give in and hit the sack. Goodnight! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take note Brooke....what a baby needs and what they want to sell you are two different things. Get the basics and you will be glad you did. Gadgets and such for the most part turn out to be junk and clutter.

:) good luck!