Thursday, September 11, 2008

Allergies, Pants, and Onsies

Well, "they" (meaning everyone who knows or thinks they know about being pregnant) were right when they said everything is magnified when you are expecting. Talk about not being able to breathe! My allergies are completely insane, and I feel so helpless! I bought that crazy NetiPot today. You know, the one where you pour saline solution in one side of your nose and it comes out the other?? Gross, I know, but I have heard great things about it! WELL, my left nasal passage is SO swollen that I can't get the saline to pass through. So much for that idea. I don't like to use nose spray because I've heard you can get addicted.....I get scared of stuff that I "hear" you can get addicted to...lol. I tried some Tylenol Sinus, but that didn't work either. So, I guess I will just continue to suffer and keep telling myself that it's all for good reason...(AHHHH!)

So today I was getting ready for work, I put on my favorite pair of work pants, zipped them up, and had a sad moment. I couldn't get the clasp closed. I have never been a big fan of gaining weight (who is?) , and that is the hardest thing I have had to deal with in this pregnancy. I have gained 5 lbs so far, and I don't feel like that's too bad at 11 weeks, but I still feel like a balloon. Once I came to the realization that I will not be wearing those pants for a very long time, I thought it was kind of cute that I couldn't get them all the way on. It just means the baby is healthy and growing. Now, I am not ready for elastic yet....I plan on buying a bigger size and hope it lasts me a few more weeks. I am going to stay out of maternity clothes for as long as I can. I have heard that once you go maternity, you never go back! I am not ready to make that transition just yet.

Monday, Justin went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. When he came home, he brought in a little 3 pack of white onsies and 10 tiny pairs of socks. His "What to Expect when Your Wife's Expanding" book gave him some ideas of things to buy month to month so that we don't get stuck buying it all in the end. I thought it was so sweet that he brought those home. Gosh, the onsies are so little....and so cute :) We can't wait to find out the sex so that we can buy more gender specific things!


Next week marks the end of the first trimester.....wow, that flew by!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I swear I won't be a know it all during your pregnancy but benedryl is safe after your first trimester. I know it doesn't help much now but maybe next week you can get some relief! My doc even told me to take benedryl in my 3rd trimester when I couldn't sleep.

And that is just too cute that Justin brought home onesies and socks! Wait til you see how tiny those newborn diapers are! I'm missing them already!!!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I loved being pregnant, but I was lucky and had an easy time of it...until delivery, but that's another story! So when is your due date? The little time marker dealy doesn't show up on my computer for some reason. That was so sweet what your hubby did buying those little baby itmes! AND 5 lbs. is awesome at 11 weeks, girl! I was always sure to let myself indulge once and awhile, but remember that I had to get it off eventually. I gained 29 total; 30 was my goal, so I was pleased. Are you going to breastfeed? That will help melt those pounds away quickly even though you feel like you're eating more than when preggo!