Wow..... according to the news, we have had 5.64 inches of rain over the last 48 hours! That's unbelievable! Well, in honor of all the rain, I have decided to make some good ol' chili for dinner. It just sounds sooooo good! Well, we managed to make it to all the planned events last weekend. The Hogs managed to pull off a win...boy were we thankful for that. After the game, I was exhausted. The LAST thing I wanted to do was hike up that huge hill to get to the car. I was dragging my feet and thinking how miserable it was. As I was cussing the fact that I had to walk up what felt like Mt. Everest, Justin and I noticed a little old woman, probably in her 80's, with a backpack on her back, carrying a lawnchair. If she could do it, so could I! Hell, I'm pregnant, she's 80.....we can do this!!! Seeing her gave me the motivation to quit bitching and use that energy to get up that hill! When we reached the car, I felt like I deserved a medal...lol. Here is a picture of us doing a little tailgating before the game. I have to admit, I was just a little bummed out that I couldn't have an ice cold beer before the game, but I got over it. :) We had a great time!
We spent a few hours on Lake Tenkiller on Sunday with our friend, Kyle. It was relaxing. We got a little sun, I read a People magazine, and we enjoyed the breeze from riding around in the boat. And Monday, yes Monday....we got to eat Dad's ribs AND Mom's corn casserole AND homemade ice cream....I am telling you, we were the happiest kids in the world, and NOTHING could have dampened our day.
Speaking of damp, that rainy day Chili is almost done, so I am going to go check on it! Hope you all had a great weekend!!
1 comment:
LOL, Brooke, I'm looking at your picture and I realized I am wearing the exact same shirt Justin was wearing in that pic.
Im cracking up about the walking..hate to tell you girl but it only gets worse. At least you're out and about during your pregnancy..w/ all of mine I was confined to the house for fear of PIP (puking in public)
We need to get together soon...im thinking of a halloween party but who knows if i'll actually get around to planning it!
Best Wishes, Jaime
p.s.....my "code" that I have to type in is gohhatz...now if only that said go hawgz..that would rock!!!!
Post a Comment