Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday, Baby, and Belly

BLACK FRIDAY!!! Ya know, I just really don't get it.....completely stuffing yourself stupid, passing out from being SO full, and then getting up at the crack of dawn to stand in line, fight crowds, and escape several bouts of death from being run over in parking lots by all the crazy "I GOTTA GET TO THAT SALE" drivers? To each their own, but it's just not for me. Justin and I went and had a cup of coffee this morning, and then we drove by all the parking lots in utter amazement. The lots were so full that many people just made up their own parking spots. Around 10am, we stopped in at Michael's. The parking lot didn't look too full, so we thought we would go in and see if we could find a good deal on some entry way Christmas trees. As we were walking in, some crazy ass lady decides she doesn't want to wait in the line of traffic, so she pulls out around the cars and guns it. I swear she was doing atleast 30. I was so close to her car that I wanted to kick it! UGH! Anyway, from that point on, I knew we were doomed! We were officially caught in the middle of Black Friday! Michael's didn't have a good deal on the trees, so as we were walking away, some other crazy lady chases me down the aisle to tell me that Kohls has a MUCH better deal on the trees. Nice gesture, but still a little weird. After Michael's, we went to K-Mart. Mom said she got her trees there for $20 bucks. We walked in the front doors of K-Mart with atleast 30 other people. It was like someone opened up the flood gates! Well, no deal there either, so we thought we'd give Kohls a try.....we saw the line of cars in the parking lot, and decided that we were NOT going to have any part of that! So our mini Black Friday adventure was over (thank God!), but we still had fun together acting like we were really hardcore Black Friday shoppers. :)

CONNOR is doing well. He really enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner last night, and is looking forward to the leftovers today....oh wait, maybe that's me :) I took my OWN tupperware to Mom and Dad's last night so that I could claim some of the leftover turkey and sides. That was the best idea ever! Instead of Dad searching through the cabinets for tupperware and matching lids, then me having to wash them and decide which are theirs and which are mine, I just made it easy for everyone and brought all my own. 7 pieces to be exact! I filled up every single one of them too, AND brought home a paper plate with 3 pieces of pie! I racked up on leftovers!!! Check out the stroller we picked out! Don't you just LOVE it! Grandma Karen bought it for Connor. THANK YOU! I put it together all by myself! I told Justin I wanted to put it together, so he came in with a beer and a couple of tools. He said he needed an assembly beer, and he was SURE we would need the tools to put it together (Man stuff, ya know?). I said, "I bet you don't....I bet it all snaps together!" And sure enough, no tools necessary :) I had that thing snapped together in about 20 minutes. Justin called me "Mommy Mechanic" for the rest of the day

Here are a couple of prints I picked up for the nursery at the Holiday Market. I just love them! We are not going to go all out on Monkey's, but I thought a few would be really fun.


WE hope you all had a very good Thanksgiving, and enjoyed your time with family and friends. We are thankful for each and every one of you and the special something that you have brought to our lives.

THE HOGS are playing their final game today against LSU, so let's hope they can pull off a miracle! GO HOGS!

go hogs Pictures, Images and Photos

I can't wait until our little man gets to wear this. Isn't it sweet?

THE BELLY is getting big for sure! Here is a picture of Connor at 22 Weeks! A lot of people (including myself) thought I was having a girl because I was "carrying high." Boy were we wrong! :)




2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats! A boy! Love those bouncing baby boys! Love the name Connor too! Good job!

Jamie said...

I have to admit I was one of those crazies this year on Black Friday. Well not running people over but out in the midst of it all. I did find some pretty good deals so I'm glad I went, but don't know if I can handle it again. We got up around 4:30 to head to Wal Mart, Rogers Ave. looked like it was noon with all the traffic.