Monday, November 24, 2008

Connor James Scarlet.....has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

Well, here it is....Monday. Justin and I started back to work today after a much needed week off. The best part about it is that we only have to work 3 days this week! What a way to slowly ease back into work. :)

So 2 days after the fiasco of trying to laminate the ultrasound pics, I was in a customer's office telling the sad, sad story of the lost ultrasound images. I was going on and on about how devastated Justin was, and how were were both so disappointed that we lost the pictures. About that time, the ultrasound tech from the office perked up and said, "You lost your images?! I would love to make you some more!" I got really emotional and overwhelmed with total and complete happiness! I kept asking her, "Are you sure? Is it ok??" She assured me that everything was ok, and that she LOVES to see babies since all she sees anymore is prostates....HAHA! She is the ultrasound tech in a urology office. She used to work in the hospital, so she did babies all the time and she really misses it. We were in the exam room for a good 30 minutes or so, just watching him and trying to get the perfect pictures. To be honest, she gave us much better images than the tech in my OB's office! When we were done, I gave her the biggest hug and told her how very much I appreciated her doing this for us, and that Justin would be THRILLED! And he was! It was so sweet to see the look on his face when he saw that we had new pictures of Baby Scarlet, who's name is now officially Connor James Scarlet. Below are some of the pictures of our sweet baby Connor.









Here he is yawning....he was worn out from taking so many pictures.













Here is a very clear picture of his "Boyness." There is no denying that he is a little boy!









I just love this picture of his little feet! Aren't they just precious?











Here is a picture of Connor's little face. He is smiling!










We accomplished a lot on our week off! Monday we registered at Target. I forgot how much work it is to register for stuff! Last time we did it was over 3 years ago when we were getting married! I thought we would just go knock it out in 45 minutes or so.....I was way off! It was 2 hours later before we left. Tuesday we spent the WHOLE day shopping in Tulsa! Macy's was having the best sale EVER, so we did lots of Christmas shopping and picked up a few things for little Connor. We also did a little shopping and registering at Babies R Us. Wednesday, Justin and his dad put together the crib. It it the most beautiful crib I have ever seen! I will get pictures up real soon. Thursday and Friday I went shopping at the Holiday Market here in Fort Smith. I picked up a couple of really cute monkey prints for the nursery. Justin and his mom worked on getting the carpet clean in the baby's room. Boy, was it NASTY! It's amazing what you can pull out of your carpet with a steam cleaner....WOW! We haven't used that room much since we moved in, so it needed a little TLC. Saturday, I put together Connor's stroller and safe seat. Justin called me "Mommy Mechanic." Really, it was all snap together, so it wasn't hard at all. Oh, and Justin put the Christmas tree up! YAY! I love having the tree up.....there's just something so peaceful about a Christmas tree. We have also chosen the bedding, so I will be getting that ordered this week for sure. Things are coming right along, and we are loving every single minute of it. Connor is really active these days. He is starting to kick a lot, and I am starting to feel it ALL the time! I usually feel him at night....particularly around midnight, and again at 5am. I believe he is preparing me for his sleeping schedule. Looks like he might be a morning person, guess that means I will have to become one :)
We are looking forward to spending time with our families this week, and I am looking forward to spending Thanksgiving pregnant. Seconds without a second thought....that's my kind of Turkey Day! We are very thankful for our family and friends who offer so much love and support to us on a daily basis. We are so very blessed to have each of you in our lives, and we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. God Bless

1 comment:

Jamie said...

WoW sounds like you guys got lots accomplished last week. That is so sweet of the ultrasound tech to do that for you, I got a little teary eyed reading it! Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

P.S love the name, so sweet.