
On a lighter note, it was absolutely wonderful to spend time with my mom's family. The last time we were all together was when Justin and I got married....over 3 years ago! The Lasko crew is a blast, let me tell ya! Never a dull moment! It was so nice to spend time with everyone. :) Here is my Grandpa holding his Great-Grandson for the first time! Doesn't he look so proud? :)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Mom's are amazing aren't they? I always knew that, but not like I know now! I think that everyday should be Mother's Day, and that all mom's deserve a special "thank-you" or a sweet blessing each day of their lives. I never knew how hard being a mom was until I had Connor, and I know that this is ONLY the begining. There will be many wonderful and challenging years ahead, but I am prepared to face them with the help of MY mom, and my Mother-in-Law. I am so very thankful to have these two awesome women in my life. I learn something from each of them every single day.
My Mother's Day came a little early. Saturday, Justin wasn't feeling well at all. Possibly a migraine, maybe a stomach bug....who knows. All I know is that he was down and out ALL day, and that it was just me and the baby until around 6:00pm or so (Single moms.....God Bless you all, I don't know how you do it...). When Justin woke up, I was playing Wii, and Connor was in his bouncy chair justa' talkin' up a storm! He started to get fussy, so Justin offered to change his diaper. Hell, I had changed about 50 diapers that day, so I didn't hesitate to let him step in and do some daddy duties. When he brought Connor back in the living room, Connor immediately peed in his new diaper (he just LOVES to dirty a brand new diaper....we are going to go BROKE on diapers....lol!). Justin told me that he had to pee and asked if I would change it.
I said: "Yep"
He said: "How was it?" (I thought this was an odd question....)
I said: "Fine, it was just a big pee."
He said: "Show me." (Ok, now THIS is strange...why in the WORLD would he want to see it!)
I took him back to Connor's room, pointed into the diaper trash can and said, "There, it's on top, check it out if you want to" (Still, I'm thinking how gross and weird this whole conversation is). Right as I am saying that, I realize there is something written on the diaper that I had just taken off of Connor. It says: "SEE DAD FOR MOTHER'S DAY GIFT." Ooooo, I was excited! I got all giddy, like a 4 year old with an ice cream cone! My darling husband presented me with a pair of 1 carat Aquamarine earrings. They are absolutely gorgeous, and extra special because Aquamarine is Connor's birthstone. Justin told me I deserved my gift a day early since I had taken care of the baby all day without his help. What a sweetheart!
Check out my BIG BOY flexing his muscles....lol
My first Mother's Day with my little blessing
3 comments:
Awww Mom's are really awesome huh? I never truly realized it until I became a mommy. It's great that you have such a wonderful support system! That is the one thing missing in my kids' lives...active grandparents.
The pic of your grandpa holding his great son for the first time is precious...totally reminds me of some pics of my grandparents holding DJ, and then my PopPop holding both DJ and Mads...unfortunately neither got to meet sweet little SpenceMan!
I love the earrings...they are beautiful! I got a Jillian Michaels wii game(which is what I asked for) but I'm taking it back because I've read the reviews and heard it really sucks!
Glad you had such a great Mommy's day..Justin is very creative with the diaper haha!!!!
My first Christmas present from DJ was my wedding ring (since we didn't have time to get one befoe Jerry deployed) and I think its still my most treasured gift ever!!!
Love the earrings! And how creative of J to write on the diaper.. of course, I would have missed it too and just thrown it away..
Yay for you two to get out for date night! We did that for a while at first.. need to get back to it :)
Connor is growing so fast! I know you guys are having a blast.
Much love, Adrienne, Drew & Brett
I am so glad Justin did the Mother's Day right. The way the two of you love each other and Connor plus all of us is amazing to me. I love all of you very much and each day I thank God for bringing us all together and keeping us happy and healthy. Love Gramma
Post a Comment