Sunday, May 3, 2009

Getting a few more Zzzzzz's :)

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted. Connor is sleeping a lot less during the day, so I haven't had as much time to keep up with the blog! Naughty me, I know! :) But since Connor is sleeping LESS during the day, he is sleeping MORE at night! Yippee!! Gosh, last week we had one night where we put him down at 11:30 and he didn't wake up until 5:00am! That has been his longest stretch so far! (Wish we had more nights like that!) For the most part, Connor is waking up once or twice at night to eat, and then he goes right back down. No more inconsolable screaming for hours at a time!! (for now anyway! I've learned that once I think I've got Connor's schedule figured out, he changes it up.)

Connor has started taking a few naps in his bed! We want to get him used to his bed for the big switch here in a couple of weeks. The kid loves to be swaddled, but HAS to have his hands or arms sticking out so he can put them by his sweet little face :)


This past Saturday, Connor was 6 weeks old! I can't believe it....already! He has started cooing and smiling, especially when I have him in his bouncer and tell him to "talk to me" in my super excited baby voice...lol! Notice that the onsie has a jeep on it....can you guess who picked that one out? :)


He loves going for walks with me and Nana (my mom STILL hasn't decided what she wants to be called so I'm just going with Nana for now. Justin calls her GeeBee-for Grandma Birch....lol, that just cracks me up. Who knows what mom will be....ultimately, it's up to the little man in charge.) Here he is all ready to go walking :)


Last Thursday, Justin and I went on our first dinner date since little man was born, and Connor got to spend a little time with Nana/GeeBee (or should we spell it GiBi? Ooooo, I kind of like that! lol!) Anyway, we went to Outback, which, ironically, is where we went the night we went into the hospital to be induced. We HAD to indulge in little desert since it was our first official "date" :) Those of you who know me, knooooooow how much I love me some DESERT! :)


Saturday, I went out for 4 1/2 hours without Connor. (Yay me!!!) That is the longest I have left him alone since he was born. It was Stacey's Birthday Celebration, and we spent the day having lunch at Red Lobster and going to see Ghost of Girfriends Past. We had a great time! It was also Justin's first day alone with Connor. I have to admit, I wasn't too worried....I knew that he could handle it, and he did. After being gone all afternoon, I was ready to get home and see my boys. I sure missed my baby.....and my husband too :)

Happy Birthday Stacey Pictures, Images and Photos

And here we are today. 6 1/2 weeks old, and changing every day. He is such a bright spot in our lives. Sweet faces like this make me forget about all the screaming (only for a second...lol!)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Yay for getting more sleep! Love the rainforest bouncer..we had the same one but spence never really liked it so I sold it at the sale.

Almost stopped by today when we went to check the soccer fields but I didn't want to be that awful person who just popped in and disrupted a nap or something lol. And I don't have your number but Jerry does and we didn't have his phone.

Love that you went to outback for your first date! We went to Chili's when dj was three days old and I ordered a margarita and was three sheets to the wind when I finished it..thank god for daddy's!

Anyways still can't wait to meet the little guy! We are having his one year birthday party on YOUR birthday lol and would love it you guys came! (Hopefully I meet him before then!)

Holy crap long comment...talk to you soon lol!