Thursday, May 21, 2009

Connor is 2 months old!

Today, our sweet little newborn is ALREADY 2 months old! He is so alert these days. He loves watching the ceiling fan and gazing at overhead lights. The bouncy chair is his favorite toy right now, and he is getting really good at kicking the little toys on the bouncy chair that make it light up and play music! Way to go little man! He is smiling a LOT and "talking" all the time. Every day we feel so blessed to have him in our lives. Sometimes I just look at him and want to cry (an happy cry of course...) because I am so humbled by this little gift from God.


Ok, ok, enough with my sappiness...lol. In other news :) KRIS ALLEN won American Idol last night! I will have to admit, I shed a few tears when they announced his name instead of Adam Lambert's name. I was SO SURE that Adam had won. They showed a montage of Kris' journey through Idol, and in the beginning he said, "I'm Kris, I'm 23, and I'm a student." I was thinking: "NOT ANYMORE!!" :) Way to go, Kris! Our first Arkansas American Idol!

I have about 3 more weeks before I go back to work. I am looking forward to it a little, but it sure will be an adjustment, and I am going to MISS my little guy like CRAZY! Luckily he will be in the wonderful, loving hands of my mom and my mother-in-law, aka: Nana and Gramma :)

Connor gave Justin and I a WONDERFUL night's sleep on Tuesday night. 10:30pm-5:45am! I fed him at 5:45 and he went back down until 7:45. I crawled back in bed after feeding him, only to realize that I was awake and the house was quiet, so I took FULL advantage. I went to Starbucks and got coffee, and drove by dad's office to visit. He was headed out, so I didn't stay but for a second. It sure was nice to be up and about in the morning......I would LOVE to become a morning person. Maybe Connor will help make that happen :)

Bath time is one of his FAVORITE times.....unbelievable. We never thought THAT would happen!

Daddy and his sweet baby. Connor is 8 weeks old in this picture.

Mommy is trying to avoid the camera until she gets this baby weight off, but this picture was too cute. Connor's girlfriend, Jocelyn, came over on Sunday night, so Connor decided to put on his first pair of shorts. :)

He still has pretty blue eyes.....I am anxious to see if they stay that way.

I love this picture of these two. They are my angels.

No comments: