Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to Work

I started back to work on Monday. It was a little rough after being home with my little man for 12 weeks, but I survived! :) Because my company offers this awesome "Bridge Back to Work" program, I only had to work Monday-Wednesday of this week. Next week, I will work Monday through Thursday, and will be back in full swing after that. So, Monday, I took Connor to my mom's house since I had about 12 weeks of e-mail and paperwork to sort through. I'll admit, I cried all the way to her house....reality was setting in:


  • no more mid morning naps with my Munchkin

  • no more hearing him laugh while watching Sesame Street

  • no more morning walks with mom and Connor

  • no more Early Show/Rachel Ray/ The View/ Young and the Restless/ News/ Days of our Lives/ Inside Edition/ The Doctors/ Dr. Phil TV line up LOL!!! (seriously, I am completely FINE with this part....I was SICK and TIRED of being a TV junkie!! Plus, I can catch up on Y&R through DVR! It's the only daytime show I am really addicted to)

Basically, I just kept thinking about how I was going to miss my little buddy that I have become so attached to over the last 12 weeks. I also think I was sad because I had to go back to having a boss, doing expense reports, wearing heels (I LOVED wearing tennis shoes and flip flops EVERYDAY!), getting dressed up every day, driving everywhere from Fort Smith to Northwest Arkansas to Eastern Oklahoma, and just going back to work. But that was it...just Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday, I did juuuuust fine. I even managed to squeeze lunch in Crystal at Jason's Deli in Fayetteville! Mmmmm! How I have MISSED Jason's! Today, my Mother-in-Law sent this picture of my little guy to my cell phone! It made my day :)

Connor's Nana bought him a life jacket yesterday, so he is ready to go swimming, and possibly to the lake! Thanks Nana!

He has recently started grabbing and holding on to things, so last night after a brief walk, I went to get him out of the stroller to find this:My sweet boy holding Mr. Stroller Monkey's hand while he slept. AWE! <3

1 comment:

Raina's Retreat said...

It makes it much easier to go back to work when you have someone that REALLY loves and cares for your boy doesn't it? And it looks like he did just fine judging from that big smile on his face. I really think it's harder for the mommies more than the babies. Ha. Although I think Meredith would scream bloody murder the entire time. I can't even leave her with her dad for too long yet. Ha. Pray for me. LOL. I love the pic of him sleeping in his stroller. He's such a precious boy.