Friday, November 13, 2009

Drew's 21st- VEGAS BABY!!

I can't believe it. My "little" (6'4) brother is 21....yes, 21. That means I am 28...yes, 28. Wow. We spent Drew's birthday in Las Vegas! 4 days of fun, food, and family!

The trip started out beautifully with my First Class ticket! Something happened when dad was using his miles to book seats, and I ended up with the mother of all plane tickets! Lol! After all was said and done, Mom, Drew, AND I all sat in First Class on the way to Vegas! (Justin would have been in First Class, but when his ticket scanned as an upgrade and my Mom's didn't, Justin gave his seat to my Mom. What a sweetheart....one of the many reasons I love him!) Right after we took off, the Flight Attendant brought everyone a small dish of assorted nuts. I grabbed a couple, put 'em in my mouth, and said, "Oh my gosh, HOT NUTS!" LOL! I was sitting next to my Mom who just died laughing at my loud, excited, exclamation of my discovery....I guess I could have kept it down a little...maybe everyone else in First Class thought it was just as amusing as my Mom. :)

Saturday night, we went to see the Beatles Love show (Justin, Dad, and I had already seen it once on previous trips to Vegas.) It's amazing. If you've never seen it, SEE IT! Mom, Drew, Melissa (Drew's girlfriend), and Evan (Drew's friend), thought it was pretty awesome. Speaking of Melissa, she surprised Drew by coming to Vegas. We all knew it was coming, and when she walked into the lobby of Harrah's, Drew was VERY excited (he seemed a little relieved as well....he didn't have to spend the weekend with us lame old folks...lol!)

The rest of the weekend was spent betting on football, eating delicious food, hanging out on Fremont Street (Downtown Vegas), trying our luck at the slots, playing a little video poker, riding the roller coaster at New York New York and the "Big Shot" and "X-Scream" rides at the Stratosphere, and taking various pictures of Mom....so she could get a good one for her Facebook :) Below are a few pics of our trip!

Drew getting knocked out by Sly Stallone


Melissa, Drew, and Evan at Planet Hollywood


After video poker dealt me a Royal Flush!


Of course there was an Elvis sighting outside of the mall


Drew and I and his Birthday money from Grandmother!


The View from the Stratosphere. The Las Vegas Strip is on the right


One of my beautiful mother's attempts at a Facebook pic....too bad Justin stuck a fork in the way! Lol!


Me, Dad, and Mom on Fremont Street! We had a ball downtown! Won quite a bit!

Vegas had some pretty sweet cars!

We had a great time, recharged our batteries, and are now getting ready for our big move on November 30th! Thank you, Dad, for an amazing trip, and thank you Gramma and Papaw for keeping Connor so we could go!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Did you ride the thing on the top of the Stratosphere? I went Fall 08 with 2 friends and had a blast. I didn't even gamble $1 though!