Friday, December 25, 2009

Connor's First (WHITE!!!) Christmas! Oh, and 9 month stats mixed in with the post :)

Oh the weather outside was TRULY frightful, especially when we got in the Jeep to come home from the Birch Family Christmas celebration!



Rewind about 6 hours:

Connor would NOT take his 3:00 nap! We tried from 3:00-4:00 to get the little guy down but I can ASSURE you he was NOT havin' it! SO what did we do? Skipped the nap, ASSUMED he would go down at Nana and Granddad's, and loaded up to head to the Birch house for our annual Christmas Eve par-tay! As we were getting ready to leave, we put the pups outside, and I had a thought....."what if it snows, and we can't make it home to let them inside?!?!" Panic set in, and I suggested we take 2 cars to mom and dad's. Something about women's intuition ;) I left, and Justin soon followed in the Jeep.


Connor refused to nap at Nana and Granddad's....he was exhausted, red eyes and all. I gave him his night-night bottle about 30 minutes early, thinking that would help him relax....nope, no such luck. The sweet kid just didn't want to miss a THING! So after 2 hours of trying to get the little guy down, we brought him downstairs for dinner :) He enjoyed Nana's mashed potatoes and homemade rolls (annnnnd so did I!!) :)


Around 7:30, the drab rain turned into the most beautiful snow, equipped with VERY large snowflakes! It was coming down pretty hard, coating the vehicles with a solid white blanket. Justin took Connor out for a second and let a few flakes land on his head. He shuddered because it was SO cold....his face was precious :)


We opened presents around 8 or so.....Connor was stillllll up, taking it all in :) He loves to watch people and activity, and let me tell you, there was plenty of both! :)

So here we are, ready to take on the frightful weather:

We moved Connor's carseat from my car to the jeep. It was too big to face backwards, so we had to face it forward. I was a little nervous about that because CJ hasn't reached the "required" age of 1, but he has reached the weight requirement (SIDENOTE: At his 9 month check-up, he was 21lbs, 29.5inches long, and has a 48cm head! That's my boy!...anyway, back to the story) The snow was really coming down on our way home. The roads were bad and the visibility wasn't too great either. We had a long way to go with many treacherous hills ahead of us. We drove in the snow for about 30 minutes...we were a mile from home when we heard this AWFUL, LOUD, noise. I immediately dropped an "F" bomb...Connor had fallen asleep, so he missed my "oops" :) Justin informed me that he thought the U-joints had broken off the front drive shaft, and that we would have to continue our journey in 2WD. I was JUST thinking about all the stranded cars that only had 2WD, and "what do you do in that situation if you have a baby?" I started praying out loud....yes, after I asked for forgiveness for my "F" bomb. The little way we had to go was NOT a main street, does NOT have shoulders, and does NOT have guard rails. I was VERY scared. Justin did an absolutely fabulous job getting us home, and when we pulled into the driveway, I was more relieved than I had been in a long time. Thank you, God, and thank you, Justin :)

SO, that was our Christmas Eve Adventure! Hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas! I have more posts and pics to come :)

No comments: