When I was little, one of the things I looked MOST forward to was the yearly tradition of decorating Christmas cookies! I could not WAIT to share that tradition with Connor! Last year, he was only 9months old, so I didn't really feel like he would be a great participant....but THIS year I thought that Mr. "Into EVERYTHING" would be more than happy to sprinkle a few cookies with Mommy :) And boy was I right! A "few" is all I got out of him, but it was still a TON of fun!
I set up the kitchen table for Cookie Madness 2010 and then headed out for a run while Connor was napping. As I was coming up our street, I noticed that Justin had Connor out playing in the truck. I was informed that they were outside playing because Connor saw the kitchen table and would not stay away from it lol! That made me even more excited to get in there and get down to business! I snatched up my kiddo, rushed inside, put him in his booster seat, and started teaching him the art of decorating Christmas cookies! Here is the first one he sprinkled....he's a natural :) Oh, and you can't do a little decorating without doing a little tasting as well!
And Connor did the sprinkles! He was able to do the green by himself, but the multi-colored ones came out a little fast, so I provided a little direction :) He also sent this particular sprinkle bottle flying across the table (red, green, and white little balls went flying EVERYWHERE) when he felt a little pressure from being watched by Daddy, Jeff, and Lacy. They promptly left the table per Mommy's request.....Hey, nobody likes to be center stage for their first attempt at anything....Don't worry, son, I've got your back ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment