Monday, December 27, 2010

Scarlet Family Christmas PRANK! :)

Every. Single. Year, Karen manages to prank one or two of us during gift time...I have spent 8 Christmases with the Scarlet's, and all 8 Christmases SOMEONE either gets embarrassed by having Goodwill store underwear padding their gift (ME!), has to search the house after a series of clues, or has to unwrap several boxes to get to one tiny box usually containing some little green pieces of paper :)

This Christmas, it was ON! It was MY turn to get her back ;) The first box she unwrapped led to a piece of scrap carpet with a note attached instructing her to answer a series of questions to lead to prize. Wrapped in the carpet were some items that Connor knows, so he got to participate as well.


After answering the questions and placing the first letter of each answer into spaces provided, she revealed the prize! A NEW PURSE! (And thank goodness....you should have seen the canvas golf bag she was carrying to work each day in addition to one of my old used up Kenneth Cole bags...it was time for a new bag!)

She absolutely loved it!! (And I was glad....I'm not going to lie....she's hard to shop for!) :)

Underneath the scrap carpet was another box....hee hee hee :)


Inside that box was ANOTHER wrapped box that I ridiculously taped down.....I may have used the entire roll......but Karen had the last laugh....see that little tool in her right hand? Yeah, my tape didn't stand a chance :)


Inside that box was a wrapped Danielle Steele book, and a wrapped DVD (The Notebook...one of my favs!). Wrapped around the DVD was a Toy Story shirt that I wanted her to give to Connor. It was pure bliss watching her laugh and enjoy each step of her gift :) I have a lot of respect for the pranks she pulls each Christmas...do you have any idea how long it took me to put that together?! Sheesh! The wrapping, alone, took over and hour!
I am SURE, sure, sure, sure, she will be getting me back next year.....but I have an entire year to come up with something else for her....this could be the start of something very ridiculous LOL! Three words for ya, Karen:
BRING IT ON!
Thank you for making each Christmas so much fun. Love you!

No comments: