Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SUPER(bowl) SUNDAY!

The Scarlet's had a SUPER Superbowl Sunday! :)

To start the day off, we made the decision to become members of Community Bible Church here in Fort Smith.  It's a wonderful, non-denominational church where we feel at home.  We do not feel like we have to "try" to fit in anywhere, we just do....we fit in everywhere at Community Bible.  If you are looking for a church home, please give it a try.  I highly doubt you will be disappointed!

Now, on a side note, Community Bible is more of a contemporary style church with fun, up-tempo music, and a "fist pound" instead of a handshake during flu season (I love that lol!), but the ministry is incredible. I find myself engaged in the message each and every week......not falling asleep everytime the pastor says, "Let's bow our heads..." :) We look forward to growing in our relationship with God with our new church family!

When we got home from church, I ran to to store to get all the goodies to make Buffalo Chicken Dip and Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did I make these things, you may ask? For a SUPERBOWL PARTY of course!



The Hossley's hosted a REALLY fun Superbowl party! Or should I say a REALLY chaotic Superbowl party!  Only chaotic because there were six, yes SIX, little boys ages 6, 4, 3, and three 2-year olds! While the men were conveniently outside in Richard's "Man Cave" enjoying drinks, snacks, and oh yeah, the GAME, us momma's were INSIDE hosting our very own Superbowl! There were lots of penalties, tackles, and excessive celebration, as I am sure you can imagine with six little boys :) Thank goodness the refs were participating in a little margarita action ;)

I don't think we saw more than two full commercials, and possibly a grand total of four minutes of the game....oh, and a little bit of the (crappy) halftime show. Slash shows up at every Superbowl halftime show....is he just in it for the free ticket?  Slash, you are old and washed up.  Give it up.


What's my favorite part of Superbowl you ask? The food....duh! ;)  We had a SPREAD! Corn dip, olive cheese bread, jalapeno poppers, buffalo dip, ribs, cheesy potatoes, beans, and (drum roll please......) MAC & CHEESE.  The BEST part of the night (for me) was my anti-mac-and-cheese son asking for MORE "roni-cheese!" Megan Whitson wins the award for making the first batch of Mac&Cheese that Connor liked! He has asked for it every day since! No lie! Luckily, I got the recipe.  Want it? She posted it on my Facebook, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sharing:

....pound of noodles, stick of butter, a cup of heavy whipping cream, pound of Velveeta. Cover with cheese and bacon bits.....

Totally simple! In-freaking-credible! De-flippin-licious! 'Nuff said ;)

Thank you, Hossley's, for a fun-filled, friend-filled, food-filled evening.

Annnnnnnnd that sums up our SUPER(bowl) Sunday! Thanks for stopping by! XOXO 

No comments: