Happy Valentine's Day, from The Scarlet's :)
Ok, ok....want to know what I really think of Valentine's Day? I think it's a GOLDMINE for the retailers, and the sight of that much pink and red makes me want to vomit. Seriously. Did you SEE Walmart this year? Was it more ridiculous than last year, or did I just become more of a Valentine's Day scrooge over the last 365 days?
Now, please don't get me wrong.....I will celebrate this LOVE-ly holiday each and every year, just like my mom and dad celebrated for me when I was a kid (and STILL DO! Yes, I still get Valentine's Day goodies from my mom....she's the best) :)
Wanna hear my "bad-mom" story? Connor goes to an in-home daycare 2 days a week, one of those days just happened to be Valentine's Day. I went back and forth in my head on whether or not to take Valentine's since this isn't an actual "class", ya know? I finally decided on NOT. Guess what? I should have decided TO take them. Yeah, yeah, I was THAT mom...the one who didn't contribute cute paper valentines to the kiddo's little red and pink paper bags...the one who didn't take candy or heart shaped slinkies or bubbles. Oh well, atleast I took a nice gift for his sitter :) That's gotta count for SOMETHING right? AND, I lived and learned....isn't that what being a parent is all about? :)
The morning of the big pink and red retail goldmine holiday, Connor was showered with fun little gifts from the two people who love him the most!
He was excited to get his "Woody Colors" (Toy Story crayons).......
......and his little tambourine.....
......and his "Spiderman Book"
(aka $0.50 cent calendar from Michaels that his daddy picked out) :)
After all the goodies, he had pancakes and bacon for breakfast before heading out to the sitter's for the day (where I immediately became THAT mom....yeah, well, so what...lol)
Thanks for sharing Valentine's Day with us! (10 days later)
XOXO
Oh, and for those of you wondering what Justin and I did for each other for Valentine's Day....well, I made homemade sushi on the 15th because the 14th was a ridiculously hectic day. The sushi rolls did NOT turn out pretty because I didn't have a bamboo mat, but hey, they tasted good! The way I see it....after 9 years together.....EVERYDAY is Valentine's Day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment