Monday, August 3, 2009

Connor's 4 Month Appointment

Today we took Connor to see Dr. Jon for his 4 month check-up! Little man is 15lbs 12oz and 26 inches long! According to the doc, he is "taller" than 3 our of 4 boys his age, and is still a little slender for his height (slender, are you KIDDING me?!...lol.....). That's a HUGE growth spurt from his 2 month appointment (click here for 2 month stats). What a big boy! He had a couple shots today, but did very well.


Solid foods are going well.....and MUCH better since we have decided to add apple juice to the oatmeal as opposed to formula (thanks, mom, for the tip!). In fact, today was the first day that Connor consistently opened his mouth for each and EVERY bite of his dinner! I was a proud momma! In addition to oatmeal, he's had:

Peas (loved 'em!)

Sweet potatoes (He didn't really like these, AND they gave him a runny nose!)

Bananas (eh, these were just okay)

and Carrots...ohhhhh how he LOVES carrots! So far, they are his favorite!

I found absolutely NO GUIDE on how to feed solid foods...some say start with green veggies, some say start with yellow veggies, some say start with fruit.....IIIIIIIIIII SAY, do whatever you are comfortable with, period. :)

Connor is taking about four, 8oz bottles a day and one 4-6 oz bottle. Tonight, he had his first 4oz bottle of apple juice! Yummy in the TUMMY!

We are so blessed to have this little guy. He's amazing! He laughs ALOT, juuuuust like his momma! Glad to know he has the "happy gene!"

Oh, and sleeping....well, let's just say Justin and I are getting a LOT more sleep these days! Usually Connor goes down around 8:30 or so, and sleeps until 8:30am. I knew one day he'd sleep, but had anyone tried to tell me that in the first 18 weeks of his life, I would have told them that they were crazy lol! And yes, I get up a couple times a night to make sure he is still breathing....if you have kids, you've done it. Don't try to deny it :)

Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Raina's Retreat said...

My girl is still NOT sleeping through the night! Woo, she wakes ONE time and then goes back to sleep, so I can't complain to much. LOL Your boy is SOO cute!

Andrea and Addie said...

I know there is not a lot of info on feeding solids! I will tell you that I fed Addie peas first and everyone thought I was crazy! Anyways, we did oatmeal as opposed to rice cereal and did well but some babies just can't eat those new foods without pooping problems! So I did do a lot of research on binders! Beware of bananas! and the oatmeal is more binding than the other cereals but better for them! Best of Luck!!