Dear Sweet Son,
It's 11:11pm the night before your 2nd Birthday. I can't sleep because I am trying to figure out how the last two years went by so fast. You have changed SO much over the last year (and also a LOT over the past two weeks!!!). This past year you walked, talked, learned to count to 10 (sorta'.....it's so cute when you do....you always start with two, then "free, four, fibe, six, senen, eiiiiiiight, senen, eiiiiiiiight, senen, eiiiiiight..." eventually you get the "nine, ten" out with a little coaching. And you point to everything you are counting. Melt. My. Heart!), learned your ABC's (I asked you to recite them in the car just two days ago, and you went through the entire alphabet.....I had no idea you could do that......it literally brought a tear to my eye as we drove down Marble Drive, headed home), decided green is your favorite color, became overly obsessed with Toy Story (I mean EVERYTHING is Buzz and Woody. Sometimes it drives Mommy NUTS, but I know it makes you utterly happy, so I love it just as much as you do), started making sentences ( last week you picked up my shoe and said "Connor wear Mommy's shoe." Daddy and I looked at each other in total amazement....how did you get so big so fast?), and many many other things that big boys do.
I still remember that grueling 26 hours of labor.....but I will spare you the details. I'm not going to be one of those mom's who tells you the story of your birth every single year (unless you ask....) lol :)
We absolutely love you more than ANYTHING in this WHOLE world! It's a love that I can not explain to you. You will only know it when (or if) you decide to have children of your own. We envision only the best life for you, and pray every single day for your health and happiness. If you could only understand how much we love you......
I am excited to have the day off work to spend with you. I am going to start your day off with extra special pancakes that include whipped cream and sprinkles. Then you, me, and Daddy are going to "load up" and head to the Tulsa Zoo. You are very excited to see the Hippos. I don't know why, but you just are. And I checked....they do have Hippos (Thank goodness!). I won't allow any less than perfection for your special day, because each and EVERY day (regardless of the insane fits you throw), you don't allow anything less for me. You make our lives perfect. That's not to say we don't struggle from time to time, trying to figure out why you are throwing yourself into the floor, or why you are screaming or swatting at us, but those are the struggles we signed up for when we made the decision to try and have a child.
For the next 40+ hours, your Daddy is putting his heart, soul, blood, sweat, and tears into building you the swingset you got for your Birthday. I am taking lots of pictures so that someday (probably when you are grunting and sweating over putting one together for your son) you will be able to appreciate just how much love your Daddy is putting in to this project. God Bless him......(glad it's not me lol!) :)
We can't wait to see your little face light up all day tomorrow! And someday I look forward to seeing your face light up as you are able to read and understand this letter that I wrote to you. :)
Love You Always,
Mommy and Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love this so much Brooke. so sweet. Elizabeth
Post a Comment