Sunday, March 27, 2011

Party Animal Take Two.....

Saturday, we enjoyed a WONDERFUL Toy-Story themed Birthday party for the cutest two-year old I know ;)  We chose to keep it small this year, just family, including The Hossley's, who are Connor's Godparents, and their boys, Baylor and Benton, who are like Connor's brothers....and on the flip side, Benton is OUR Godson. We have been friends and neighbors for six years.  We have a wonderful relationship with their family, and are thankful to have them as a part of ours. :)

Keeping it small gave Justin and I an opportunity to truly enjoy Connor at his party. Last year was nuts! We had 40 people, tons of food, lots of kids, loads of presents, a Spongebob bounce around, a brief DOWNPOUR, and we endured HOURS of prep work. We were so busy with everything going on that it just felt more like work than an actual birthday party. You know the drill. This year we had 14 people, a couple of dips, three cute kiddos, a few presents, backyard toys, pizza, cake, and just a little bit of prep work.  Talk about being able to sit back, relax, and enjoy! We had a ball! OH, and not to mention the money we saved! Lol! Those parties can get pretty expensive, as most of you probably know. Granted, where we saved, we spent.  Connor got one of those million piece wooden swing sets for his birthday. I documented it's construction and plan to post about it later. I realize that in a year or two, Connor will be choosing the dynamics of his birthday parties, so until he demands Chuck E. Cheese or The Monkey House, we're keepin' it simple. :)

Now, let's get down to business......

Toy Story dinnerware, check!


Special balloons on the Birthday Boy's chair, check!


Presents, check! check! check!


Gramma, check!


Gramma acting silly while blowing up one of Connor's inflatable boxing gloves, check!


Check out those super fast happy dance moves!


Ok, so there's a slight gap in pictures here....let me explain; After I took that last picture (above), I stepped out in the garage to grab a drink. Somewhere between the picture and the drink, I misplaced the camera. I was absolutely devastated. I ran around like a crazy momma, looking EVERYWHERE! I was so nuts that I had other people just as nuts looking for the camera!  It literally vanished.  When the Hossley's showed up, Justin told them what happened, and Richard went home to get theirs.  After about four pictures, their memory card was full.  Justin got a few photos with his cell phone, but they just aren't the same, ya know? So for the 4th time, I retraced my steps out to the garage....only this time, I looked in a box that was sitting by the garage door. BINGO! Now, WHY I put it there, I will never be able to tell you. But the important thing is that I found it! I could breathe again :)

In the meantime, Melissa and her sister, Heather, showed up! There's blonde Melissa sitting on the couch! She's such a doll. We love her :) Uncle Drew was in Colorado celebrating Spring Break, so I thought it was VERY sweet that she came anyway :) She brought her sister, who happens to be my age, who also happens to be pregnant with her first child, a BOY! I loved her! It was such a pleasure to meet her :)



The Hossley boys showed up on their Power Wheels', and there just happened to be a big gift in tow on the John Deere Gator! Forget taking it inside with the rest of the gifts, let's open it NOW!

So Connor started the afternoon wearing a Buzz Lightyear shirt, but as SOON as he opened a Spiderman shirt from Melissa and her sister, it was off with Buzz, on with Spiderman! Lol! Hey, it's his party, he can wear whatever he wants :)


"Ok, Mommy, I know you like to snap these little self portraits, but put me down so I can get back over there to those toys!"


Pizza time! No two-year old birthday party would be complete without a little fussin.....


....annnnnnnd fit throwin' ;)


After his little fit.....BIG HUGS for Papaw!


Time to go outside and play on the NEW SWING SET!
(Yes, the slide still needs to be bolted on....we'll get there....not too shabby for a 6 day finish!)


Big time backyard ride-on toys, CHECK!
Connor LOVES to ride the Gator with Baylor! And check out that cutie on the 4-wheeler! He is our little dare devil! Look out world.....Benton Hossley is going to take over someday! :)



Baylor is patiently waiting for cake...and look, there's Nana in the background!

 

CAKE, CHECK!
Another INCREDIBLE job by Sweet Boutique! The bottom was white cake, the middle was strawberry, and the little silver moon on top was chocolate!


Getting the Birthday Boy all situated!


Lighting the candle, getting ready to get our sing on!


Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday to YOU!


Happy Birthday Dear Connor,
Happy Birthday to YOU!


Having a little slice of the moon with a little edible star :)



I think this picture is just too cute.....


There's Nana back there getting her cake....boy was she EVER ready to eat cake! LOL!


How on earth are you already 2, sweet boy?


This little guy is our Godson....I think we are going to have our hands full with him! :)

 

You KNOW it was good when you are wearing the cake on your face! But.....he is reaching his arm out because he wants my "pink cake!" That's right, the little stinker wanted my freshly cut piece of strawberry cake, so........


 I gave it to him :) Besides, what kind of mother would I be if I didn't? It is, after all, HIS birthday! :)


 This is one VERY satisfied, VERY sugared up little cowboy! Nana looked everywhere for a Woody hat, and it just so happens that she found one.  And Connor aboslutely loves it. He also loves the card that came with it....it's a musical card that sings the Toy Story theme song, "You've Got a Friend in Me." He carries it everywhere, singing, "Frien-n-me."


Connor, I hope your day was as extra special as you are.  We love you, and can't wait to see what this next year holds!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy (and Rosco and Abbey)

No comments: