This crazy dancing fool is a whopping 29 lbs 2 oz and 35 3/4 inches tall!
That puts him at about six feet tall when he is all grown up
(if that whole "they are half their height at age two" still holds true).
Luckily there were no shots due this time around, and in fact, there are no more shots until he is FOUR! This makes for a very happy Mommy! :)
Dr. Jon asked us how our winter was. I told him, "Good! We didn't see you did we?" :) Yes, I can finally say (since winter is officially over) that we did not visit the doctor one single time for sickness. If you recall, we were in the doctor's office every couple of weeks last winter with ear infection after ear infection. With some lifestyle modification (cutting dairy), allergy medication, and garlic ear drops, we were able to avoid tubes....and in August, we finally got a spot in a home daycare. So this winter, instead of being around 60 sick kids, he was around maybe ten. And for the most part, if the kids are sick, the parents flat out don't bring them! Unlike some parents who load their feverish child up on tylenol to get a few hours in at daycare....that really irks me. Anyway, sorry, tangent.......we had a wonderful winter, and we are so thankful for a happy, healthy little boy!
For the most part, Connor did really well at his appointment....he walked in on his own, waited patiently by the counter (with his little hands crossed) while I checked in, walked back to the patient room on his own.....annnnnnd then came the part where he needed to stand on the scale to weigh. Complete and total refusal. We tried to get him to sit on the scale....again....refusal, and I'm talking gripping-my-neck-and-wrapping-his-legs-around-me-while-crying refusal. So how did we get his weight? Well, against my will, I had to step on the scale, first without him, and then with him. Oh joy....the one thing I dread about my OWN doctor's appointments, I had to participate in at Connor's doctor's appointment. The ultimate sacrifice, son....I love you. Lol :)
All the hammin' it up stopped when Dr. Jon walked in, but he still did great, and was still very happy!
Oh, and you know those waiting room and patient room toys I SWORE I'd never let him play with? Well, these days, I don't have much of a say-so.
He is talking in big sentences these days, totally know what he wants and when he wants it, and always wants to do what the big boys do.....slow down sweetie, you're still my baby :) He is still pretty much AGAINST veggies...unless they are carrots and there is ranch dressing near by. Then in that case, the carrot becomes the dip stick for the ranch, but the actual carrot never gets eaten! :) He loves bananas, apples, peaches, strawberries, smoothies, bacon, cookies, gummie snacks, shredded cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, chicken salad, and PIZZA! Yes, all very healthy, I know......hey, I didn't say that's ALL he eats, I just said that's what he loves! ;)
Every week, day, minute, hour, and second....he's growing....and it's happening INCREDIBLY fast, and we love EVERY bit of it!
Thanks for stopping by! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment