Wednesday we went for Connor's 2 week check up with Dr. John. All is well, he weighed exactly 7lbs, and left the Dr's office with a clean bill of health. We are going back next week for a weight check to make sure he is gaining enough weight for his age.
Can you believe he will be 3 weeks old on Saturday?! Wow! It's already flying by.....
He has been pretty fussy at night, screaming uncontrollably for a few hours. Yes, it's hard and extremely frustrating not knowing what to do to make him feel better, but it's just a part of having a baby, and we are completely fine with that :) He is still the most precious thing we have ever seen. I usually take the 9pm-1am shift, Justin takes the 1am-4am, and I get back up with him at 6 or 7. Tonight has been very, VERY quiet (keep your fingers crossed)! We got some gripe water for his little gassy belly and hope that is making a difference.
Yesterday his little belly button thingy came off....gross....thank God! We were ready for that thing to go!
Bath time is always a joy around here....I will post a few pics soon. Lol! He's not quite a fan of bath time yet, but I am sure we will get there. Our child HAS to love the water. It's just a given :) It's really cute when we take him out of the little tub, wrap him up, and he quivers his little lips because he's cold. I just want to hold him real tight and make him warm REAL fast!
We have had tremendous help from our parents and our friends. I can't tell you how thankful we are to have such wonderful people in our lives. The dinners, lunches, company, and baby sittings have truly been a blessing. It's nice to get out from time to time. I am not one to like to stay at home, but it just comes with the territory for now. I know it's not permanent :) Who knew that 20 minutes to yourself in the shower, or an hour alone at the grocery store could be so refreshing! What in the WORLD did we do with all of our free time before Connor came? My goodness!
This post was just random thoughts that came to me as I sit here and watch the Sex and the City movie (for the millionth time) while holding a sleeping little baby boy. My shift is almost up, so I am going to wrap this up. Goodnight all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It really does fly by doesn't it!! I remember those showers the first couple of weeks and how much better I felt after 10 minutes in. Have you tried Mylicon drops for his gas? That's what we used with Lily Ann when she was gassy they are the best and really work! So if the water doesn't work out try them! Hope you guys have a great weekend!
Post a Comment